cartload n : the quantity that a cart holds
- The amount that a cart can carry.
- In the context of "by extension": A large amount.
- 1854 Francis Rawdon Chesney - The Russo-Turkish Campaigns of
1828 and 1829
- Two days of skirmishing outside the town were followed by a bold sortie headed by a dervish; and, as the result of this affair, a cartload of heads was sent as trophies to Constantinople.
- 1850 Edward Everett - The Mount Vernon Papers
- . . . although a little apt to get buried under a cartload of written pleadings, . . .